Kathleen Marron is a master executive coach, leadership consultant, speaker and author, working with leaders, teams, and organizations in a wide range of sectors. Kathleen brings to the coaching field two decades of hands-on leadership experience as a national trial lawyer, law firm leader, board member and non-profit board chair.
As an executive coach, Kathleen works with individuals, teams and organizations to facilitate change, develop leaders, and increase gender inclusion and emotional intelligence. Kathleen is recognized for her work in Diversity & Inclusion, and is a sought-after speaker on her trademarked Gender Alliance® map for leading and coaching gender diverse leaders and teams. Her passion is to provide clients with the leadership skills they need (persuasive communication, executive presence, conflict and change management, emotional intelligence “EQ”) to become the best versions of themselves as they lead diverse teams.
Kathleen also co-authored Fearless Feedback: A Guide for Coaching Leaders (available on Amazon.com). As a former jazz musician, Kathleen firmly believes in the power of practice and value of feedback. She uses stakeholder feedback to equip leaders to deepen their self-awareness and learn new practices to achieve dynamic results.
- CEO/CFO/COO (Healthcare Team): Significantly improved their approach to executive team leadership, conflict management, and board communications.
- Newly promoted Officers/Directors (Fortune 100 Company): Enhanced executive presence and presentations skills, resulting in further promotions.
- GC, promoted to President (Real Estate): Navigated transition from law to business leader and increased her EQ for better management skills.
- Equity Partners (Law Firm) – Group and individual coaching to increase EQ, gender intelligence, rainmaking and leadership skills to manage cross-cultural teams.
- Newly promoted Partners (Global Professional Services): Navigated transition to equity partner to lead others, while continuing to grow business.
- SVP being groomed for succession to CFO (Fortune 500 Retail) Increased her executive presence and confidence in speaking, and developed skills in change management.
- CEO, Leadership team (Legal/Professional Services): executive coaching & feedback for leaders, facilitated leadership retreat resulting in successful transition to next generation.
- GC, EVP HR (Global Company): Coached her as she navigated transition to C-Suite, while increasing change management skills and executive presence to lead global team.
Additional Experience and Approach
Prior to certification as an executive coach, Kathleen practiced law for two decades in the national law firm of Robins Kaplan LLP. Kathleen teaches EQ and Law Firm Leadership programs, and continues to teach with the National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA).
Kathleen serves on the Board and Governance committee of YWCASP and is past national President of Women in Cable & Telecommunications. She volunteers through Children’s Law Center representing children in the foster care system, and provides pro bono leadership coaching for NAFE. Kathleen lives with her husband in Minnesota and has two adult children.
“My passion is to equip others to lead and communicate across differences in an emotionally intelligent way ~ to become the best versions of themselves in this diverse world.”
Media & Entertainment
Diversity and Inclusion
Master Coach, Hudson Institute
Professional Certified Coach, ICF
CSA International Certified Coaching Supervisor
Leadership Circle Profile™
Conflict Dynamics Profile
EQ in Action and EQi 2.0
MBTI, Social Styles, DISC
Team Coaching International
Five Behaviors® of Cohesive Teams
Executive Coach, Hudson Institute
JD, cum laude, University of MN Law School
BA, summa cum laude, University of MN
MSBA Presidents’ Award
“Woman of the Year,” WICT
“40 Under 40” MSBJ
Phi Beta Kappa
Outdoors, music, photography, writing, golfing, hiking, cooking and entertaining